Carl M. Sherer holds a JD as well as an MBA from New York University, and is a graduate of Columbia University. He worked with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and with Schulte Roth & Zabel in New York, in addition to serving as Assistant to the General Counsel at the Israel Securities Authority.
Mr. Sherer has over twenty-five years experience in corporate and securities law, helping individuals and corporations in both transactional and regulatory settings in the United States and in Israel. Mr. Sherer was associated with Professor Joseph Gross, Hodak & Co. in Tel Aviv, was a partner at Silber, Schottenfels, Gerber & Sherer, and was of counsel to Zell Goldberg & Co.
Mr. Sherer’s experience covers a wide array of domestic and international corporate and securities matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, including major international mergers
- Initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities in the United States and in Israel
- International joint ventures
- Securities regulatory advice in the United States and in Israel, including under both countries’ investment adviser regulations
- Securities regulation in Israel
- Technology licensing arrangements
- Financial products
- Establishment of investment funds
- Commodities trading worldwide
- Bank regulatory advice in the United States
- Rimon P.C. (Counsel)
- New York University (Law School, J.D., cum laude and Order of the Coif, 1984)
- New York University (Business School M.B.A., Beta Gamma Sigma, 1984)
- Columbia University (B.A., 1978)
- Israel Securities Authority (Assistant General Counsel)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the Fifth Edition of The Best Lawyers in Israel in the practice area of Capital Markets Law., 2014 – 2019.