Arthur E. Hoffmann, Jr.
Arthur Hoffmann is a product liability lawyer with more than two decades of experience working with companies to mitigate product liability risk and defend litigation wherever it arises. Arthur has a deep knowledge of the complex science and medicine involved in claims that product use is linked to adverse health outcomes. He is adept at using that knowledge to analyze the complicated issues these claims involve and to integrate that analysis with the law, leading to cost-effective, pragmatic, solutions. Arthur’s practice is global in scope, and he has represented clients’ interests in countries throughout the European Union, the United Kingdom, and in Asia, as well as in the United States. As part of his work in representing manufacturers of tobacco, vape, and other “next generation products,” Arthur provides practical advice with respect to the rapidly-evolving issues in this highly regulated product category. As part of his practice, Arthur works with experts around the world in a wide range of research and clinical disciplines.
In addition to his product liability experience, Arthur has handled a variety of commercial litigation in both federal and New York State trial and appellate courts. He has also represented defendants in multidistrict litigations in the United States arising out of overseas terrorist attacks on civil aviation and has conducted investigations and discovery in countries in Europe and on the Indian subcontinent.
- Rimon P.C. (Partner)
- DLA Piper, Partner
- Greenspoon Marder LLP, Partner
- Jacob, Medinger & Finnegan, LLP, Partner
- Windels Marx, Partner
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Stony Brook University (B.A. Political Science)
- The Legal 500 United States – Recommended, Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Consumer Products (including Tobacco), 2021
- The Legal 500 United States – Recommended, Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices – Defense, 2021