David E. Case
David E. Case is an experienced intellectual property and venture capital attorney admitted in the States of CA, NY, WA and OR. David represents U.S., Japanese and multinational private and public companies in a wide variety of cross border intellectual property and venture capital transactions, joint ventures, revenue share arrangements, and M&A transactions. He works closely with clients to understand, appreciate and anticipate their business and legal needs to provide practical and efficient solutions.
David has been ranked as a leading attorney in Asia and Japan continuously between 2008 to 2019 by leading legal ranking journals such as Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Intellectual Property Magazine, World IP Review, and Intellectual Asset Management.
Prior to joining Rimon, David was an equity partner at international law firms White & Case LLP and Orrick LLP practicing in New York City, Tokyo, Japan and Silicon Valley.
David lived 22 years in Tokyo and is fluent speaking and reading Japanese. As a result, he deeply understands Japanese business practices, and combines his legal expertise with an understanding of cultural differences between the West and Japan.
- Rimon P.C. (Partner)
- Asia Pacific Advisory (d/b/a Asia Pacific Law), Founder
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, California and Tokyo, Equity Partner
- White & Case LLP, New York and Tokyo, Equity Partner and Associate
- UC Berkeley School of Information (Artificial Intelligence, Certificate Program, 2019)
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 1998, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- St. Mary’s College of California (B.S., Economics, 1990)
- University College London (Economics, 1989)
- Chambers Global, Intellectual Property: International, Japan, and Litigation: International, Japan, 2008-2019; “Foreign Expert, USA/Japan, Intellectual Property, 2019
- Chambers Asia Pacific, Intellectual Property: International, Japan, 2008-2019 and Dispute Resolution: International, Japan, 2008-2019
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Intellectual Property: International, Japan, 2012-2017 and Dispute Resolution: International, Japan 2013-2017
- Intellectual Property: International, Japan, and Litigation: International, Japan, 2008-2018;
- Foreign Expert, USA/Japan, Intellectual Property, 2018
- Included in World IP Review – Leaders List (2016-2019)
- Intellectual Asset Management, Leading Lawyer for Japan: Foreign, 2015
- Best Lawyers, Intellectual Property Law, 2019 Edition