Patricia M. Annino is a partner in Rimon’s Trust and Estates Group. A nationally recognized authority on estate planning and taxation, Ms. Annino has more than 30 years of experience serving the diverse needs of families, individuals, and owners of closely-held businesses.
Ms. Annino joins from Prince Lobel, where she served as Chair of the firm’s Estate Planning and Probate Group. Ms. Annino’s practice includes all aspects of private client work, including estate planning; will and trust planning; incapacity planning; prenuptial and postnuptial agreements; estate litigation; advising executors, trustees and beneficiaries and administration of estates and trusts.
Ms. Annino particularly focuses on planning for family business owners, including coordinating their estate planning, corporate and succession needs. In addition, she represents non-profit entities and private family foundations. Ms. Annino testifies as an expert witness in high-stakes divorce cases where trusts and other inherited assets are at risk. Her testimony has been favorably reviewed by the Massachusetts Probate Courts.
A leading voice on estate planning matters, Ms. Annino has been quoted extensively in a wide variety of local and national publications including the Wall Street Journal, Barron’s Dallas Morning News, Chicago Tribune, MarketWatch, Investors.com, and Women’s Business Journal. She has acted as the estate planning consultant to the independent investment research provider, Morningstar, and has been interviewed on Bloomberg Television.
A frequent public speaker, Ms. Annino has presented nationally to high-level donors and trustees of hospitals, museums, and other nonprofits, as well as private banking clients, owners of closely-held businesses, and alumni organizations. She has spoken to various groups about her book, Women and Money: A Practical Guide to Estate Planning, and was interviewed by Family Business Wiki Newsletter in May 2013. Patricia also writes a monthly column for CPA Insider, a newsletter sent to more than 160,000 CPAs and other wealth managers and advisors.
- Chambers and Partners USA, Private Wealth Law - Massachusetts, 2021
- Ultra-High Net Worth Private Wealth Law, Chambers and Partners, 2019-present
- Euromoney's Women in Business Law Expert Guide, Euromoney Magazine, 2012-present
- Top 50 Women Massachusetts Lawyer, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters Corporation), 2009-2012, 2017-20
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated Fellow (Estate Planning, Probate Law), Martindale Hubbell, 1995- present
- FFI GEN Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising (Family Firm Institute), 2020
- Expert in the field of Trusts and Estates, Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides, 2010-present
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (BL Rankings LLC), New England’s Best Lawyers, and Boston’s Best Lawyers in the field of Trusts and Estates, 2008-present
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer in Estate Planning & Probate, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters Corporation), 2004-present:
- Top Women in Law, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (New Media Investment Group, Dolan Media Company), 2013
- Best in Wealth Management USA, Euromoney Magazine, 2012
- Outstanding Alumni Achievement Award, Suffolk University Law School, 2009
- “Estate Planner of the Year”, Boston Estate Planning Council, 2007
- Distinguished Alumnae Award, Newton Country Day School of the Sacred Heart, 1989