An economic system whereby the value of products, materials and other resources in the economy is maintained for as long as possible, enhancing their efficient use in production and consumption, thereby reducing the environmental impact of their use, minimizing waste and the release of hazardous substances at all stages of their life cycle, including through the application of the waste hierarchy.
- Insurance intermediary which provides insurance advice with regard to IBIPs;
- Insurance undertaking which provides insurance advice with regard to IBIPs;
- Credit institution which provides investment advice;
- Investment firm which provides investment advice;
- AIFM which provides investment advice in accordance with point (b)(i) of Article 6(4) of Directive 2011/61/EU; or
- UCITS management company which provides investment advice in accordance with point (b)(i) of Article 6(3) of Directive 2009/65/EC.
- Insurance undertaking which makes available an insurance‐based investment product (IBIP);
- Investment firm which provides portfolio management;
- Institution for occupational retirement provision (IORP);
- Manufacturer of a pension product;
- Alternative investment fund manager (AIFM);
- Pan‐European personal pension product (PEPP) provider;
- Manager of a qualifying venture capital fund registered in accordance with Article 14 of Regulation (EU) No 345/2013;
- Manager of a qualifying social entrepreneurship fund registered in accordance with Article 15 of Regulation (EU) No 346/2013;
- Management company of an undertaking for collective investment in transferable securities (UCITS management company); or
- Credit institution which provides portfolio management.
An investment in an economic activity that contributes to an environmental objective, as measured, for example, by key resource efficiency indicators on the use of energy, renewable energy, raw materials, water and land, on the production of waste, and greenhouse gas emissions, or on its impact on biodiversity and the circular economy, or an investment in an economic activity that contributes to a social objective, in particular an investment that contributes to tackling inequality or that fosters social cohesion, social integration and labour relations, or an investment in human capital or economically or socially disadvantaged communities, provided that such investments do not significantly harm any of those objectives and that the investee companies follow good governance practices, in particular with respect to sound management structures, employee relations, remuneration of staff and tax compliance.