Celeste Moy is a Partner in Rimon’s Entertainment Sports & Media practice group. Ms. Moy has extensive music and entertainment law experience primarily representing songwriters, and their successors-in-interest, in disputes over royalty payments and royalty monetization transactions, copyright assignment terminations and recaptures, as well as negotiating and drafting various types of entertainment contracts for recording and performing artists and music producers. She also helps her clients to obtain trademark registrations and trademark license agreements for use of their logos, and creative works in connection with advertising, marketing materials and merchandise.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Moy and her brother, Christopher Moy, are Co-Managers of the Estate of Sylvia Moy LLC d/b/a Masterpiece Sound Studios. Masterpiece was established by Sylvia Moy, the award-winning American songwriter, record producer, inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2006, and the first woman songwriter/producer for Motown Records with 11 Gold and 8 Platinum album awards. Since its founding in 1973, Masterpiece Sound Studios has worked with and produced certified gold and platinum records for Grammy nominated and award- winning artists.
- Rimon P.C. (Partner)
- Arent Fox LLP (Counsel)
- Akerman LLP (Of Counsel)
- Celeste M. Moy, PLLC (Attorney and Counselor)
- Department of Energy and USDA/Office of Inspector General (Sr. FOIA Analyst/Contractor)
- Fitch Even Tabin & Flannery (Partner)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (Of Counsel)
- Nextel/Sprint (Vice President/Assistant General Counsel/Chief Privacy Officer)
- Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business (Post Graduate Certificate, Strategic Business Leadership)
- University of Detroit, Mercy School of Law (Juris Doctorate, Law)
- Michigan State University (Bachelor of Arts, English/Secondary Education)