Frankfurt am Main
Oliver Otto focuses on restructurings and bankruptcies as well as banking and finance, in particular in the finance, technology, energy and industry sectors.
His practice comprises the advice on the insolvency risk remote design of investments and participations, on financial restructuring measures, non-performing investments and (exit) strategies as well as portfolio solutions and debt trading. He also advises and represents creditors in insolvency proceedings as well as debtors in their crisis and debtor-in-possession proceedings. Oliver Otto further focuses on cases of fraudulent insolvencies as well as corporates and directors in near-insolvency scenarios.
- Otto Group in relation to the sale of its Quality Assurance and Product Safety service provider.
- Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (Heidelberg) on financial restructuring measures to increase its profitability
- U.S. fund on the repayment of corporate financing made to a German medical laboratory
- Lessor for truck trailers active in the European market on the insolvency remote structuring of a multinational ABS structure
- Operator of nursing homes active in the European market in relation to the insolvency proceedings of a German nursing home operator and in the takeover of its business out of insolvency
- German mortgage bank on the sale of its GBP 15 million interest in a syndicated loan to a foreign borrower (performing loan - sell side)
- Finnish sovereign wealth fund (Finnish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Ltd) as the largest lender in relation to the debtor-in-possession proceedings of the German solar solutions provider Mobisol GmbH.
- Guala Closures Group on the acquisition of the German operations of the insolvent Closurelogic GmbH out of debtor-in-possession proceedings
- Swedish mortgage bank on the sale of part of its NPL portfolio with a volume of EUR 175 million (sell side)
- Katharina Kasper ViaSalus (hospitals and old-age homes group) with more than 3,000 employees in its debtor-in-possession proceedings
- Several airlines and a merchant acquirer in relation to the insolvency proceedings of Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehrs KG
- Baloise Group on the transfer of a loan portfolio held by German branch of Basler Leben AG to Frankfurter Leben Group
(includes work for other law firms)
Partner at Rimôn Falkenfort
2008 – 2021
Lawyer at international law firms
Education to specialist lawyer for insolvency law
Admission to the bar in Germany
Second State Exam in Law, State of Hesse
First State Exam in Law, University of Frankfurt am Main
- Cash Pooling in insolvency scenarios; in Handbook Deutsche Kreditmarkt Standards, being issued in October 2021
- Commenting on judgement of OLG Karlsruhe 'Funding of closed property funds' ('Aufklärungspflicht; Finanzierung von geschlossenen Immobilienfonds'), WuB/November 2011, S. 639
- Draft bill of the Stabilization and Restructuring Framework, 30 September 2020, DLA Piper BLOG
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- DAV sub-group Insolvency & Restructuring
- Association on white collar criminal law (Wirtschaftsstrafrechtliche Vereinigung e.V.)