Stephan Krampe, LL.M. (NYU)
Frankfurt am Main
Stephan Krampe advises institutional investors and family offices on the tax and legal structuring of complex corporate transactions, including the conception and implementation of fund structures, alternative investments and structured financing. He has a particular focus on the real estate sector.
He is a certified tax consultant (Steuerberater), has an LL.M. in International Tax Law from New York University and has been included in the 2021 and 2022 editions of the "Best Lawyers in Germany" list of Handelsblatt and Best Lawyers for his expertise in tax law.
- AEW– Advising a closed-end investment limited partnership on the acquisition of the innovative office property complex New Eastside Munich
- Terex Corporation – Advising on the sale of the mobile crane business Demag® Mobile Cranes
- Mount Street Mortgage Servicing Limited – Advising on the acquisition of EAA Portfolio Advisers GmbH
- COLCAP – Advising COLCAP on the acquisition of a Capri by Fraser hotel
- Bank11 – Advising on several securitisations of car loans with a total issue volume of approx. 1.7 billion
- Advising on the conclusion of a mezzanine financing for the high-rise icon T1 in Frankfurt's city centre
- Institutional investor – Advising on a joint venture to acquire a portfolio of more than 30 logistics properties in several countries
- Aegila Capital Management – Advising on a joint venture to acquire the RellingHaus in Essen for more than EUR 140 million from Union Investment
- Select Investment Limited – Advising on the forward sale of a hotel project development in Frankfurt
(includes work for other law firms)
Ranking for "Tax Law"
2021 and 2022 editions
“works quickly and thoroughly while also understanding business relationships very well’
"... and Stephan Krampe are the law firm of choice in our real estate transactions. Over the wide range of activities and the internationality of the law firm, we always have a competent contact person."
Partner at Rimon Falkenfort
Partner at major international law firm
Admission as certified tax advisor (Steuerberater)
LL.M. International Taxation, New York University
Admitted to the bar in Germany
Second State Exam in Law, Bavaria
First State Exam in Law, University of Bayreuth
- Bundesverfassungsgericht kippt Grundsteuer [Federal Constitutional Court overturns property tax], Der Steuerberater, 5/2018
- Überschusserzielungsabsicht bei der Kapitalanlage unter der Abgeltungsteuer [on certain aspects of the flat tax regime] (together with Martin Haisch), DStR 2011, 2178
- Kapitalertragsteuer bei Verbriefungstransaktionen im Lichte des BFH-Urteils v. 22. Juni 2010 – I R 78/09 [on withholding tax on securitizations in light of Federal Tax Court ruling], (together with Florian Lechner), FR 2011, 607
- Einzelfragen zur Abgeltungsteuer - Teil I [certain aspects of the flat tax regime], (together with Martin Haisch), FR 2010, 311
- Steuerliche Aspekte der Verbriefung von Körperschaftssteuerguthaben [on tax aspects of securitization of corporate tax credits], (together with Marcus Helios), Corporate Finance, 2/2010